Group Accounting Manager
Reporting to the Group General Manager, the Group Accounting Manager is responsible for the Financial Reporting of the business.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards
- Record and analyse revenue and expenses
- Calculate monthly accruals for VBI and Cost of Sales
- Prepare financial statements and analysis
- Compile financial data for preparation of budgets and analysis of budgets
- Prepare and lodge monthly BAS
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- oversee the payment of wages and ensure that payroll records are maintained
- calculate termination and redundancy payments
- oversee the monthly remittance of Superannuation to compliant funds
- generate annual Payment Summaries
- Monitor cash flow and redistribute funds as necessary
- Commission payments
- Provide monthly and annual financial reporting to parent company
- Compile financial data for auditing and reporting including Fringe Benefits Tax and Income Tax Returns
- Maintain General Ledger and associated reconciliations
- Make dividend distributions in accordance with Shareholders Agreement
- Review current procedures and implement changes where necessary
- Provide data to maintain Asset Register
- Diploma of Accounting as a minimum
- Bachelor degree majoring in Accounting (desirable)
- Previous experience as an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
Key Competencies / Skills:
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software (MYOB desirable) and databases
- High written and verbal communication skills.
- High organisation and planning skills.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to handle pressure at times of peak workflow.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team.
- Ability to direct and supervise