Mortgage Broker Support Officer
Reporting to the General Manager of Property Finance, the Broker Support Officer is responsible for providing one on one support to allocated Mortgage Brokers to enable the efficient and accurate end to end processing of Property Finance loan applications.
- Working with the Broker to ensure loan applications are complete and accurate by making sure all relevant supporting information has been provided and is up to date.
- Financial analysis and loan application preparation required.
- Liaising with Lenders throughout the loan decision process with regards to information required, timeframes and outcomes.
- Ordering appropriate loan documentation and if required arranging execution of documents.
- Collating loan documentation and approval conditions for lodgement of settlement.
- Liaising with Lenders to ensure settlement is effected in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the Mortgage Broker on client relationship management.
- Customer Service – At times, handle general customer enquiries, on behalf of the Broker, with regards to loan maintenance.
- Update/Maintain Client files with Database as required,
- Remain up to date and ensure compliance with legislative requirements including, Privacy Act and AML etc.
- Remain up to date with various Lender policies and processes.
- To manage Mortgage Broker client base needs and requirements in times of Mortgage Broker absence such as Annual Leave or Sick Leave.
- Completion of year 12 (QCE or HSC equivalent) is generally required.
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is highly regarded
- Previous experience in the Property Finance Industry is desirable.
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Strong Customer Service ethic.
- Strong computer skills, with the ability to learn and work with multiple software applications and systems.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound attention to detail and data accuracy skills.
- Sound organisation and planning skills.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to handle pressure at times of peak workflow.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team.